Business Coaching, Strategy & Courses
for Entrepreneurs, Creative Professionals, and Accidental Bosses
I work with entrepreneurs* to help them align with their purpose, gain clarity on their values, and amplify their impact, success, and joy. My work is informed by 12 years at the helm of a successful digital agency, events I’ve convened for small business owners, and my bestselling book for women entrepreneurs – along with a fiery passion for helping people narrow the gap between where they are and where they want to be. I am insatiably curious, and I like to get to the heart of things.
I believe that everyone has the right to define success in a way that makes them happy – and no one deserves to inherit someone else’s cast-off definition.
(I, for example, just don’t get motivated by visions of yachts and private jets. I’ve tried. Original artwork and hand-made furniture and some retirement savings, sure. Impact and freedom and connection, absolutely. But the yachts & jets are somebody else’s thing.)
So. What impact do you want your life to have? What’s getting in the way of you making that impact? Let’s talk.
Who I Coach
I work with entrepreneurs and leaders of every stripe. I have particularly deep expertise working with:
- Technology entrepreneurs who are bootstrapping their way to big dreams;
- Creative professionals who want more business savvy without sacrificing their art, creativity, and juice; and
- Nonprofit and public sector managers and executives who are compromising their personal ecology in the name of world-changing idealism.
Some of my specialties include:
- Helping people make peace with power and become the leaders they want to be
- Supporting scaling-up processes (especially the move from microbusiness to small business)
- Troubleshooting business relationships and HR challenges
- Infusing your values and purpose into your work
- Helping you play bigger in your career – without feeling like you’re playing dress-up or acting like someone you’re not
- Co-designing systems and frameworks to maximize your efficiency and effectiveness
- Developing pricing, positioning, and marketing strategies that help you find the sweet spot between being of service and articulating your value so you can earn what you’re worth
- Being your cheerleader for including ease and joy as metrics of success
- Moving you from burnout to freedom, building up the supports you need to reignite your creativity and recharge your personal life.
How Coaching Helps
A business coach is a tremendous asset to every entrepreneur. (I had one throughout my entrepreneurial journey.) Your experience will, of course, be unique to you, but here are a few things a coach can offer:
- Clarity on your biggest, wildest dreams – which you need if you’re ever going to get there.
- Connection (and reconnection) to your inner purpose and values, which is what keeps you going when things go haywire.
- A “feet to the fire” ally who ensures you get real with yourself and stay accountable to your goals.
- An experienced mentor to guide you through big transitions.
- Encouragement and motivation to dig deeper and play bigger.
- Powerful questions to drive deeper inquiry into what matters most to you.
Coaching isn’t just a service; it’s a relationship. The best way to figure out if you & I are a fit is for us to have a quick chat. Drop me a line, and I’ll give you a 30-minute sample session at no charge. No fee, no pressure, just a chance for us to see if we want to work together.
If it’s a yes for both of us, we’ll design a plan that works for you.
Get in touch: lb @ laurenbacon [dot] com. Or use the form below.
What’s the Commitment?
My fee is $150 for a one-hour session, and I typically work with my clients once every week or two. I ask for a minimum 6-session commitment (after the free sample session, that is). All sessions are by phone or Skype.
* I define “entrepreneur” as anyone who is building an enterprise, be it for-profit, not-for-profit, or something in-between. After many years of working for and with nonprofits and public sector agencies, it’s clear to me that they require every bit as much entrepreneurial vision, energy, and innovation as a for-profit company. If you’re building an organization and driving evolution within it, you’re an entrepreneur in my books.
My time working with Lauren has been nothing short of miraculous. Her attentive listening to my hopes, fears, dreams and ambitions gives her a very clear understanding of what I want out of my life, and she has the most practical, useful and fun solutions for getting me unstuck so that I can turn all my dreams into reality and have the life I want. I started coaching with her to become less stressed in business, but I’ve also had huge breakthroughs in my personal relationship, taking care of myself, and the quality of my life. I feel more alive and vibrant, I have the distinct sense that anything I want is possible, and the results to prove it. Can’t recommend her highly enough.Kati Bicknell
Lauren is a remarkable coach: supportive, encouraging, and direct. Her entrepreneurial and consulting expertise shines through in her coaching style – the knowledge I have gained through coaching with her has helped me build my business and clientele. I have been working with her for several months, and I would highly recommend her to help you with achieving whatever your goals are.Pam Penner
Lauren is a smart, strategic thinker – which is hugely helpful to someone like me who’s often more impulsive than strategic. Her approach is thoroughly professional, yet warm and personable. It is an absolute pleasure working with her.Avril Orloff